Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crafty Cold Weekend


So, I have been doing good on my vow to make more crafts. Some of them I cannot post yet, because they may or may not be a gift for one of the very few people who actually look at my "blog" from time to time! But, for now, I can show this beautiful topiary. I have never made any type of topiary before. I saw a pic of one like this and decided to give it a try. I learned a few things along the way. 1- It took way more candy hearts than I thought it would. 2- if you are going to use plastic pots, make sure you put something in the bottom to weigh it down (hence the reson I had to shorten the dowel). 3- never use a utility knife TOWARDS you! I knew #3, but did it anyway. Now I have a huge slice in my thumb, but I will not post that pic!

1 comment: